Day Twenty Four - Christmas Eve.

Sorry its late but here is the last post of Blogmas 2017.

Sunday 24th December 2017.

Finally Dec 24th had arrived - yay, my most favourite day of the year was here. I actually like Christmas Eve more than Christmas Day, I love getting to the point where no more can be done or bought and its all about sitting back and waiting for the big day to arrive. The anticipation of what's to come always fills me with so much joy and I love the look of the tree when the lights are twinkling and the presents are piled up underneath. It really is the most wonderful time of the year.
We were both awake bright and early so we got up and made the most of the time by getting on with the last of the housework, got to have a nice clean home for Christmas. My cousin Ian popped in for a little while which was really nice as I hadn't seen him for ages. He came bearing goodies too, a whole load of craft stuff that he managed to salvage for me from a house clearance he had recently been working on. I was most distressed to learn that a lot more had been dumped at the tip but I totally understand that he had a job to do and that as a lot of it was lying around loose so it just had to be bagged and binned. Once the new year is here I will have a good look at what he got for me and maybe I will even start to use it!

After Ian left we had some lunch and watched another film then we popped out with Daisy for a little walk before coming home and getting bathed and into PJ's/comfy's for the evening. Another tradition of mine is to always have new PJ's for Christmas Eve, this years were from Next and had cute Winter animals on. We took our annual picture in front of the tree pic and then curled up on our sofas to enjoy the night - complete with a bottle of fizz! We were both tired due to the early start so we were in bed before Midnight and despite sleeping soundly I am sure at some point I heard those sleigh bells ringing.
So there we are Blogmas 2017 is now complete. A little later than anticipated but hey sometimes life happens and you just need to get on and do what you got to do. I am pleased that I did it but I am not sure I would do it again next year, maybe I will do something similar but with weekly or bi-weekly updates as opposed to daily ones. Let me know if you did Blogmas and what your thoughts are on it.

I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all lots of health and happiness for 2018. Thank you for your support and comments over this last year, I am looking forward to sharing more with you all next year. Let me know if there is anything in particular you would like to see.

Love and hugs, Jane xx
SHARE:

No comments

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig