Hello 2022

Its been a very long time since I posted on here, in fact it’s actually been well over a year since my last post! Time to put that right and start blogging again on a regular basis.

Since that last post not very much has happened really other than us navigating our way through this seemingly never ending pandemic. I was furloughed again at the beginning of 2021, once again it wasn’t what I wanted but I understand why it happened. I went back to work around the beginning of May and since then my working week has been a mix of in the office and at home. I’m really enjoying this and it’s great that my employers are being so flexible in allowing it. Thankfully as restrictions were lifted last year we were able to get out more and spend time with out family and friends which was wonderful and certainly lifted our spirits. Unfortunately our trip to Florida never happened, the borders didn’t open until after our departure date but we had actually called time on the trip way before that as we just didn’t feel safe travelling all that way. We are now rebooked for October/November this year, we are in a different villa as the one we had reserved wasn’t available for the dates we wanted (that’s now been moved to June 2023) and we are so looking forward to it, we can’t wait to get back to the magic! Anyway I’ll share more about this years trip in a separate post once there is a bit more to tell you.

Instead of Florida we had a UK mini break, we took ourselves off to Oxford for a few days which was so good. We visited Blenheim Palace, Oxford, Bicester Village and a little wildlife park called Crocodiles of the World. We had a wonderful time and mentally it actually did us good to get away, relax and ‘be normal’ for then first time in a very long while. Below are a few of the photos I took.

Thankfully the Omicron Covid wave didn’t cause us too many issues although it did mean my work party was cancelled and I ended up working from home full time for the majority of December which wasn’t too much of a bad thing. In fact we stayed home as much as we possibly could so we could keep ourselves as safe as possible as we were desperate to be able to spend Christmas with our families. We did Lateral Flow Tests on a regular basis which were all negative and finally meant that we could have a normal and very happy Christmas unlike last year. That was the best present ever!!

So here we are, it’s now 2022 and so far this year I have mostly worked from home. There has been an announcement today that the current restrictions are coming to an end which means I’ll soon be back in the office. I really don’t mind this as I do enjoy the routine and social interaction. I really do hope that this is the year when we will see the back of Covid (as much as we ever will) and that life will get back to ‘normal’. 

If your someone that’s been here before, or if your a new reader and you’ve made it to the end of this post then thank you! Please leave me a comment to let me know you’ve popped by and if you have your own blog then leave me a link so I can visit yours.

I will be back very soon with another post!

Jane xx

SHARE:

No comments

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig