A long overdue post & re-cap

 Well hello there, its been one hell of a long time since I last posted anything on here!

To be honest I had quite forgotten about this little corner of the internet and I had also fallen out of love with blogging so even when, on the odd occasion I remembered this space I just couldn't be bothered to post anything. Fast forward to now and my 'blogging' mojo has been somewhat reignited so here I am with a brand new post.

Quite a lot has happened since my last post in Jan 2022 so I will detail some of the more important things below and include a few pictures. Once I have played catch up I will start again with some more regular posts and updates.

March 2022
Tom got Covid for the first time and (once he was clear) we had a mini break in Spain where we had some of the most bizarre weather we have ever seen. The Costa del Sol had been hit with a Saharan dust storm which meant the sky was orange and everything was covered in a weird reddish sandy/dust. And it rained, dirty red rain which was really a sight to see, it was just like something out of a film. Despite the strange weather and our reservations about travelling abroad again we had a lovely time.

May 2022
We celebrated our nephew Georges engagement to Demi with a big family & friends party. It was a lovely night and seeing the happy couple so full of love really made me shed a tear or two, I cant quite believe that our little George is now all grown up.

June 2022
We went back to Spain for a longer trip, and this time the weather was much nicer. We had a lovely time soaking up the sun and celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. The Costa del Sol, and in particular Linda and Bills apartment really is our happy place.

Sept 2022
Like the rest of the nation we were deeply saddened at the passing of Her Majesty the Queen. She was truly a icon of our lifetime who led the country through so much. I am not a huge Royalist but her passing really hit me. We also had Dads birthday, as always we had a family birthday dinner at home to celebrate complete with Dads fave chocolate cakes.

Oct 2022
Finally we got to go back to Florida, we were so happy and excited to be back in the Sunshine State. We had rented the most amazing villa (that we have now rebooked for our 2024 trip). We did so many things such as Disney, Busch Gardens, Sea World, Wild Florida and meeting up with friends. Towards the end of our trip we had a Tropical Storm which somewhat curtailed our plans but we stayed home while we were told too and once we could get out we did despite the wind and rain.

Nov 2022
We arrived back from Florida on Nov 12th to a very poorly Daisy dog. We took her straight from my Mums to the emergency vets where they did some scans and tests which showed she had tumor's in her spleen and some of them had ruptured. Unfortunately she was a very sick girl so we had to do what was right for and let her go across the rainbow bridge. To say we were (and still are now) heartbroken is a huge great understatement, she was and will forever be our baby.

November wasn’t all doom and gloom though as we had a family meal out for our niece Scarlett’s 18th birthday. In hindsight this celebration was even more special as it was our last night out as a complete family, I’m so glad we have the memories and photos of that night.
Dec 2022
We were very organised last year and we managed to get ourselves ready for the festivities nice and early on in the month, all our shopping was done and I even had everything wrapped by mid December. All seemed to be going well until Dad was taken very poorly and had to be admitted to hospital. We had all hoped he would get better and be home with us for the big day but that wasn’t meant to be. In fact he never came home at all. Due to Dads situation NYE was a very quiet one indeed, there were no celebrations, just quiet reflection at home.

So there, in a nutshell are our 2022 high and low points, now I just need to start updating on 2023.

As always thanks for reading and feel free to leave me a comment below. 

Jane


SHARE:

2 comments

Daniel said...

Your blog is a constant source of learning and personal development for me.

Wazamba said...

I'm thankful for the profound impact your blog has had on my personal growth.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig